We are here for you

Our caring and professional team is here to help you navigate our services and support systems in our community.

309 Goldsboro Street East, Wilson NC 27893

(252) 291-7278

Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 9am – 4pm
Food Pantry: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 9am – 11:30am

Posted guidelines may be waived in the event of a weather emergency (extreme cold, hurricane, flooding, etc). Please call the Hope Station if you are in need of assistance during such an emergency. 

Food Pantry

How we can help

We operate a Food Pantry on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, 9:00 – 11:30 am.  During that time individuals and families who qualify receive a three-day supply of food once every 30 days.

If you are elderly or disabled, we may be able to deliver groceries to you. If you need transportation to the Hope Station, check out the City of Wilson’s RIDE program.

What to do

The head of household must provide a food stamp card and a government-issued photo ID, or document that their family income falls below 200% of the federal poverty level. Government-issued IDs also are required for all family members.

Temporary Shelter

Men’s Shelter

Our Men’s Shelter is a 20-bed emergency night shelter for single men.

Family Shelter

Our Westview House is a 10-bed emergency shelter for families and single women.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Be a single man at least 18 years of age for the Men’s Shelter; or be a head of household at least 18 years of age for the Family Shelter; or be a single woman at least 18 years of age for the Family Shelter.
  • Be residents of Wilson County, NC, or were residents of Wilson County at the time of hospitalization or incarceration.
  • Have a letter from a credible third-party source (for example: a social worker, employer, church) that have observed your homelessness.
  • Have no financial resources to obtain housing the day of admission to the shelter.
  • Apply for admission to the shelter between 8am and 2pm on Monday thru Friday.

Rapid Rehousing and Prevention

The Hope Station administers Emergency Solutions Housing Grants from the Federal Government for the purposes of preventing people from becoming homeless or assisting those who are currently homeless to obtain safe, stable housing. 

Rapid Rehousing

For those who are currently homeless, these funds typically cover things like a security deposit, first month’s rent, and utility deposit.

Be prepared to bring a letter from a credible third-party source (for example: a social worker, employer, or church) that have observed your homelessness.

Homelessness Prevention

For those who are at risk of becoming homeless in the near future, these funds may cover one-time rental arrears (for no more than 6 months).

Be prepared to bring a move-out or vacate notice from the landlord or an eviction notice from the courts. You must be income-eligible, so be prepared to provide documentation of income.

Financial Assistance

The Hope Station has limited funds available to provide financial assistance to those experiencing an emergency that makes it difficult to pay for utilities, medications, and other essentials. 

The intent of the assistance is to help get through unexpected circumstances and not to provide support for those who need similar assistance month after month. For quickest support, complete a financial assistance application ahead of time and call the Hope Station at (252) 291-7278 to make an in-person appointment.

Utility Assistance

If you need utility assistance, bring a cutoff notice with 2 days of notice (if possible) and a government issued ID.

You will be asked to complete a financial assistance application. You can return it by email to assistance@hs-wilson.org or drop it off at the Hope Station.

Medication Assistance

We partner with the Wilson Community Health Center or Thomas Drugs to provide assistance with critical medication (not narcotics or pain medication).

Your first step is to go to either of our partner pharmacies to get a printed list of medications and their cost. Then, come to the Hope Station with your government issued ID and fill out a financial assistance application.